a heart set apart


Sunday, January 17, 2010

Jesus Jesus at Your feet, there is NOWHERE else for me.

Do you ever feel restless? Like you can barely sit still? Like there is just something rustling in your heart and you don't quite know what to do with it. Its like I want to laugh and cry at the same time. Like I have something inside me that desperately needs to come out but I don't quite know where to put it.

The more I learn about Jesus, the more I wonder WHY WE RUN FROM HIM!!! Why do we constantly seek our own way? Why do we fear the sacrifices we will have to make? He holds out His nail-pierced hand and says
My Child. I love you with perfect love and I will take care of everything. I simply ask you to lay it all down at my feet. I'll take it from there.

And if you're like me, you say
Ehh, I don't know Jesus. I think I have a pretty good handle on everything right now. I love you, but I can carry my perfectly organized world all by myself.

HA!! WHAT A LIE! Satan is going to shoot holes all over that. And he won't waste a minute doing it. Trust me, I've been there.

THERE IS NO SACRIFICE THAT IS TOO HARD TO MAKE IN EXCHANGE FOR JESUS!!! perfect organization - forget it. Life doesn't fit into little boxes. Its over, its under, its in between, its all around.

When we reach that point of surrender, its a sweet sweet feeling. Its like you just melt in a puddle because you're so full of peace and PURE PURE love.

But then there's that restless feeling. Why do we sweat all these little things? Why do I spend precious minutes on things that will have absolutely no impact on the world and their view of Christ? I want to do more. I want to see more. I want to mean more. How do I do it? Its been an intense feeling on my heart for awhile. After seeing and feeling the horrible, black, hopeless place, I never want to go back. I want to show people a way out of there. I put my hands in the air and say Here I am Lord. Send me.
And wait.
Remind me Lord that you use any amount of service and you can use people anywhere. We might not see results, we might not see success, but if we proclaim You with boldness, we WILL NOT LOSE.

Come even closer, Jesus. I want to know You more and more and more. Light a fire in our hearts and a zeal in our lives.
"To know You is to ache for more than ordinary,To know You is to look beyond the temporary, To know You is believing that You will be enough, Cause there is no life without You. More than my next breath More than life or death All I'm reaching for, I live my life to know you more."

We have a high calling. I've wasted enough time. Lets MOVE.
"I see a generation, rising up to take the place, with selfless faith. I see a near revival, stirring at we pray and seek, we're on our knees, we're on our knees."

Use me Jesus.

k.

1 comment: