a heart set apart


Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Teaching.. Full Time Job!! Full Heart!!

Whew. Three days down. Lots more to go. I'm too tired to count.

So far... its good! The kids are special :) They all have their unique quirks but that is what makes it a classroom! Without that, it would be robotic and boring. Its so interesting how as a teacher I'm so conditioned to pick up on those things. Its amazing how much I have learned without realizing it!

Sleeping at night...not going so well. So many things on my mind! I am dead tired, but when I close my eyes I see PBIS tickets and lesson plans and counting heads and hear my name over and over and over. Hopefully that changes soon!

There is a lot to learn, and the day flies by. On average I've been leaving at 7:50 am and not getting home til 5:15 - 5:30 pm. Today I got out a little early, so I had time to run to Target for tab dividers. Yep, the exciting life of a teacher :)

I'm also training for my 5K, and I think the everyday exercise has been what has kept me all straightened out. Running ... the addiction is quickly coming back. YES!

overall, lets see... I'm alive! I'm happy! Student teaching is surreal-ly here and its really not as scary as I thought it would be. Its SO fun and fulfilling to be in a classroom everyday as a teacher instead of behind the desk. I am so thankful to God for answering prayers for my placement, for His grace to get through the days and for His wisdom. Definitely for His perfect plan in giving me a love for kids and learning and teaching..and a major in college to use it through. His way is the Best Way.

Well, I just wanted to update this and get some of the "first week" thoughts out on paper...or screen...? :)

Seeking His Way,
Love Kels

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya on the sleeping issue! Benedryl or Melatonin can help. It's so exciting to hear about your experiences as a Teacher! That was something that I would've liked to of accomplished before being a full time mom....being a teacher or nurse. Well, you never know what the future will bring! I enjoy reading your blog! :) Have a good rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete